"HumanKind - Reasons To Be Hopeful."
Kindly is launching a campaign that will shine a light on the potential of HumanKind through a diverse collection of original creative content. So, got a story to tell that will spread hope? A rallying call that will bring people together? Something to say to the problems we all face? Create something uplifting and help kickstart a creative movement.
Together with a panel of creative industry figures, we’ll be awarding up to 10 prizes of £250 to those entries that we deem the most original, compelling, and entertaining.
- Create a piece of content that communicates your REASONS TO BE HOPEFUL for the future of Humankind.
It can be serious or fun, global or personal, factual or abstract. Perhaps you know a true story of unity or kindness. Maybe you have a message to those who doubt the power of HumanKind, or want to flex your creative muscles to make a statement direct to the problems in the world. Use your creative skills to spread hope and brings people together.
- Pick your creative medium - it could be a video, image, song, podcast, dance, play, piece of writing, illustration, comic, or gif. As long as it can be uploaded and viewed on the internet, the choice is yours.
- Work alone, or join forces with a team.
All the content will be collated on the HumanKind campaign page on Kindly.com, with a credit to each creator and link to your portfolio/ social media.
Our goal is to create a diverse collage of creative content that fills people with hope, and reminds everyone of the power of HumanKind. We want to set a new standard for the way campaigns are run and how we tackle important causes. This launch campaign will be a showcase for innovative creative work and collaboration; so make it different, show off your style, and have some fun.
Please click the button below so we can register you as a Kindly Creator.
Then, send your submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message subject “Humankind campaign submission”.
Please provide your name and a short description of the content you’re submitting. (If it’s a large file upload to Dropbox or Yousendit or similar and include the download link in your email).
Include any links to your social media/website/portfolio with a short bio and profile image (min 400px x 400px). If you’re submitting as a team, give us your team name and a suitable profile picture, and be sure to let us know who was involved and in what role so we can give credit.
The closing date for entries is July 14th. Prize winners will be notified by email after this date.
Some Creative Inspiration...
Did you know?
- World hunger is now at its lowest point for 25 years.
- The number of deaths from malaria are now at a global record low.
- An HIV cure may be a step closer after a trial cleared the virus in a British man.
- The UK power grid recently had it’s first ever day without burning coal.
- Solar energy is already generating more energy than oil, gas and coal.
- The number of executions recorded worldwide in 2016 fell by 37% on the previous year, human rights group Amnesty International says.
- In the UK, over 14.2 million people volunteer their time for a good cause at least once a month.
- The UK’s first ‘zero-waste’ shop just opened in Devon.
- The chance of you dying in a terrorist attack is 1 in 9.3 million. You’re 16x more likely to be hit by lightning.
- Sociologists widely cite ‘Generation Z’ (people born between 1995-2012) as being more socially responsible and caring than previous generations.
T's & C's
You can enter as many pieces of content as you like - but only one prize can be awarded per person.
The deadline for receiving entries for the competition is final. No entries received after the given date will be considered.
The judging panel's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Winners will be contacted personally.
The prize(s) must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
Kindly.com and Plusme Ltd does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
Kindly.com and Plusme Ltd reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Kindly.com and Plusme Ltd reserves the right to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
Kindly.com and Plusme Ltd will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
When you contribute content to Kindly you retain the rights to that content. However, you also give us permission to use that content for the purposes of operating our website. By taking part in this competition you also grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide, fully transferable and sub-licensable right to use any content you submit (in a modified form if we so choose) on our site and in any marketing activity undertaken by Kindly.com and Plusme Ltd.
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.